Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Directly from my heart !

I read two columns of ansar abbasi and Hassan nisar today. And I couldn’t feel myself more miserable after reading them. From where do I start? Corrupt leadership, corrupt clergy, corrupt scholars, illiteracy, poverty, energy crises, Balochistan’s liberation, India’s ferocity on waters, Aman ki asha, profanity and blasphemy in the name of commercialization, down trodden economy, frustrated people, delusional youth, absence of law and order, divided people, oppressed women, war, terrorism, suicides and this list goes on and on and on.
People try to find optimism in individuals of this nation. Recently, I heard news that Pakistani speakers had won an international debate competition in USA. An individual made a car run on hydrogen fuel cell. And there are number of examples in which Pakistani individuals are providing their unprecedented performances and services internationally. But in this optimism there is a big flaw. These are individuals and we are Muslim ummah. When this word ‘Ummah’ comes into my mind everything collapses on the plane of thought and future of this group or fraternity. I see massacre of Burma, genocide in Palestine, Bosnia, killings in Kashmir. I experience loss of faith in Allah, I see absence of values that Islam has taught us, I see ulema betraying their own religion on television. My heart fills with pessimism again. I see no light in this darkness, I see no flower in this swamp, I see no hope in this despair, I see no visionary in us blinds, I see no heart with feeling in this crowd of heartless souls, I see no escape from this prison of turmoil, I see no Umer, no abu bakr, no abu jundana, no bilal, no Iqbal, no Quaid, no Modudi, no Nadvi.
I pray to Allah to guide our way and be sufficient for us in every aspect of oppression Muslim Ummah today faces. May He grant us strength to stand by our principles with confidence, and dignity. May Allah shatter this rock of illiteracy resting on our hearts and brains. May we revitalize the lost Islamic values and moralities. O Allah ! we have never been in so much need of your blessing then today. Forgive us and guide us.

4 comments:

Naeema Akram-Jehanzeb said...

A rare post that brought tears to my eyes. A big "aameen" to all your prayers.

"agar usmaaniyo~ par koh e Gham TuuTa tau kya Gham he
ke Khuun-e sad hazaar anjum se hoti he sahar peda" (tul'u-e Islam, baang e dara)

Keep your hope intact.

Unknown said...

May your tears water the tree of Allah's deen on this planet.

M Umer Toor said...

Suffice to say Ameen... I want to say something when its time to act... That's my biggest challenge

Unknown said...

May Allah provide you with this opportunity (blessing).