Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Experience and faith

I was a hearing a talk by Sheikh Hamza Yusuf he quotes an ayah of the holy quran in which Allah compares people (non-believers) with worst animals living on earth and in the next ayah Allah says that these are worst then animals even. So Hamza yusuf says that these are the people who knowingly do things that harm them, they know about the results of their doings but they are still doing it.

We have often heard many tales from our parents, teachers and friends which have some moral lessons at the end. I do believe that these stories make some place in our sub conscious mind and help us to build our character but when I perceive deeply about what is happening around in my community in which I live I see the very opposite things happening around and I have to admit that people don’t have faith on what they heard in their childhood they don’t have faith on “Do good have good” or “God help those who help themselves” or “Slow and steady wins the race” etc, etc.
We don’t want to accept things without experiencing them first from our eyes from which we see or ears from which we hear or it might be the feelings which we feel through our senses. And to me it sounds very much amazing that knowing that the path I am following will lead to a disaster I still happily and greedily follow it. These types of people I think meet with failure many times in their life and when they realize that it was right: “do good and have good” the time has gone by and they cannot do anything but repent.

Contrary to this I think that the people who succeed in their life accept and have faith on the values and beliefs they develop during their life span. It sounds truly logical to me that after all “faith” has superiority over experience and we must have faith in our religion to an extent that we must not require “experience” to judge it in any way.

This strong feeling of faith will Insha’Allah remove the difficulties which are upon us as the Muslim ummah all at once completely. We only have to do what Allah wants us to do with strong faith that our deeds will prove to be fruitful.

1 comment:

CATGIRL !! said...

Hey dear! I am a female MBA from Karachi, Pakistan. Love ur blog outlook and ur awesome thoughts. Best of Luck for ur blogging. I hope we can be mutual followers- if u like my blog?? And don’t forget to comment please !!

http://relationships-catgirl.blogspot.com/