Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Perceptions, Presumptions and Expectations


Once I read somewhere that perception is the ability of humans to predict or anticipate something whole while experiencing its small part that is to say, based on your previous experiences you can tell what the situation is that you are in at the moment.
It is like I live my life in a perception of how it is actually. And based on my perceptions I make presumptions and these presumptions lead me to expectations that I associate myself with. In everyday life it seems to me that we people are always presuming the behavior and attitude of others that are actually based on our own perceptions and then we expect many things from the people who are very close to us. In my opinion I believe no one on this earth is like me and understands me truly because everyone is unique if no two people can have same finger prints how they can know each other perfectly. Everyone has his own world inside him and no other can know for sure what this world actually is for that particular person. But the arrogance take holds of people and they come to believe that they know everything about the people they are close together with.
When this stage is reached in relationships people make presumptions of other’s behavior and attitude and come to believe about everything they have perceived. This makes them to predict actually what the other person’s action mean and what he aims to do. This is a dreadful thing I believe because no one can know what is inside of the other no matter how long you have spent with him and no matter how strong your relationship is.
When this stage is also over there comes the third level, in which people associate expectations with which they have spent time. But when the part of other comes into play which the other haven’t known and expectations are crushed down, then relationships are broken and there is chaos and discontent among people.
I believe that we should respect others’ inner world and must not presume that our perceptions can be right for sure and start associating our expectations with them. In this way we can be at peace with everyone at every time.

No comments: